Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CORPORATE Rat race - hahahah

The rat race was a common term in IT sector and other corporate systems until it slowly corrupted the animation and the animators too, the meaning of this term can be summed up something like this:

Imagine yourself in an endless, self defeating and ponitless pursuit of life. Like the futile effort of a lab rat trying to escape whilst running around a maze or in a wheel, In the modern city, many rats in a single maze expend a lot of effort running around, but ultimately achieve nothing (meaningful) either collectively or individually.

It suddenly dawned on me, that slowly I was too being affected by this mentality until I happened to talk to a friend of mine, his subtle talks woke me up, hopefully I can again animate without hurting myself further...

The pointless pursuit of being/trying to be the best means a lot of sacrifice of personal life, the professional strengths become the personal weakness, it is like a virus infecting groups, people, families and nations... once you are caught you are constantly gripped be fear, self doubt and insecurity...

Animation as being a creative field, there is no such thing as a ''legendary animator'' or a ''best animator'' most of the creative talent is lost because they just want to be the best, or else they'll quit... if only the best birds sang .. the forest would be a completely bland place!

This mentality had took hold of me and thank God, I realised last night when I was meditating before sleeping...

Think before you move and take out some time to reflect on your life and passion
Enjoy animating!


A warning to all my friends and ask yourself... are you a rat in this race?

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.